Thursday, May 11, 2006

Cookin' up a Mess

For those of you that havent heard we have started a little business here of selling meals to our fellow students. Each thursday I bring in the preordered meals and a couple extra and sell them for $5 each. Sometimes I make money, sometimes it doesnt seem worth it...but neil and i always get to eat and besides I love to cook.
I've make pulled pork and homemade bbq sauce, jambalaya, chicken and dumplings, green chili pork cassarole, chard rolls and miso soup, massaman curry -- everything I do i make a veg and a meat version.

Its been really good practice for what I hope to continue to do on a larger scale.
One day I hope to be able to buy things at a wholesale price and actually have some selection -- can't wait to see a store other than Safeway Grocery -- blah!

My Best Helper Suits Up for the Challenge

He tells me that he learned this technique from his father, this will likely be a trick passed thru the generations.

This week I am forgoing the profit and cooked up a huge pot of curry goat soup with the leftover goat; suprisingly delcious, not gamey at all.

Now, we are off to Mexico!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So... does it work? I'm surprised I've never seen you use this technique before!

MomRouse said...

I can still tell it is you hiding under there.